top of page
Steven Machlin, M.D.
Office of Psychiatry
Phone (239) 225-1364
Fax (239) 225-7337
PATIENTS GUIDE TO HELPING OPTIMIZE YOUR CARE
- Keep track yourself of all medications taken, doses, benefits, and side effects. Keep a notebook of medication history.
- Communicate with Psychiatrist about what your responses are…good or bad.
- Have family also give feedback on how you are doing.
- Try to take medications at the sametime daily.
- Try not to miss doses.
- Tell doctor about any new medicines from other doctors or supplements taken.
- Keep nicotine and alcohol to a minimum or none at all.
- Tell Doctor about any new medical illnesses.
- Tell Doctor about any new major stressors.
- Try to get regular sleep.
- Keep appointments with your therapist.
- Try to be patient. Every person responds uniquely to every medicine.
bottom of page