top of page
- Board Certified in Adult Psychiatry
- Practicing Adult Psychiatry in Fort Myers, Florida for 22 years.
- Dr. Steven R. Machlin treats all forms of psychiatric disorders in adults and older adults.
- Medical Degree from Washington University, St Louis, Missouri.
- Internship and Residency at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Research Fellow in Neuropsychiatry at Johns Hopkins.
- Former part-time Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at Johns Hopkins University.
- Named Fellow in Psychiatry by the American Psychiatric Association, 2013.
- Dr. Steven R. Machlin is known among colleagues for his capacity to discern and differentiate complex diagnoses.
- Has strong background and expertise in pharmacology, and targets medications to specific patient symptoms.
- Patients find him kind, knowledgeable, approachable, genuine, and easily moved to laughter.
- Stays apprised of current trends, strategies and approaches to treat mental illness.
- Has a strong, effective team and system in place to respond to patient concerns and requests in a supportive and timely manner.
bottom of page