PATIENTS GUIDE TO HELPING
OPTIMIZE YOUR CARE
1. Keep track yourself of all medications
taken, doses, benefits, and side effects. Keep a notebook of
2. Communicate with Psychiatrist about what
your responses are…good or bad.
3. Have family also give feedback on how you are doing.
to take medications at the sametime daily.
not to miss doses.
Tell doctor about any new medicines from other doctors or supplements taken.
Keep nicotine and alcohol to a minimum or none at all.
Tell Doctor about any new medical illnesses.
Tell Doctor about any new major stressors.
10. Try to get regular sleep.
11. Keep appointments with your therapist.
12. Try to be patient. Every person responds uniquely to every medicine.